Welcome to my Page.
My name is Pablo. I am from Mexico - specifically Mexico City. I live in South Korea. I am a student/researcher/nerd. I try to code. Check out my blog, where I write in English and Spanish about computer science, data analysis and Mexico.
- Projects and Open source
- Teaching and mentoring
- Professional Experience
Seoul National University - 2013/09 to present
- MSc in Computational Science and Technology
- Research: Graph theory, network science, data visualization.
- Advisor: Kyomin Jung
- Working in the Machine Intelligence & Social Network Analysis Lab.
National University of Mexico - 2006/7 to 2010/12
- B.S. Computer Engineering
- Graduated with College Honors. GPA: 9.25/10
- Thesis project: Parallel algorithm performance on multicore environments
University of California, Los Angeles - 2009/08 to 2010/01
- Exchange student of CS (GPA: 4.0)
Stanford University - 2010/06 to 2010/08
- Summer quarter CS (GPA: 3.82).
Interests and experience
Interested in Network science, Graph theory and Data visualization. With experience on Databases, Servers, Back end development, Data analysis, etc.
Projects and open source
Hanja Explorer (http://www.hanja.me)
Google Summer of code 2015 Project - Working with Dbpedia's dear Ruben Verborgh
Google Summer of Code 2014 Project - Working with MariaDB
- Create algorithm that attempts to predict fault-prone test suites on automatic testing of MariaDB development. Project was in Python. Great experience. (github.com/pabloem/Kokiri)
Teaching and mentoring
Teaching Assistant - Advanced Programming Methodology (2015 Fall Semester)
- All sorts of support for the class such as grading and interacting with students. At Seoul Natl. University.
Instructor - Development and Analysis of Parallel Algorithms (2010 Fall Semester)
- Developed and taught two 15-hour courses on development and analysis of parallel algorithms as part of the activities at the Intel Laboratory at the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
Google Inc. - 2016/09 to present
- Software Developer - Apache Beam (incubating) / Google Cloud Dataflow
- Helping make Apache Beam and the Dataflow service the best tools for large scale data analysis.
- Committing to the open Apache Beam repo and internal repositories as well.
- Trying to evangelize the Apache Beam model on my free time : )
Google Korea - 2015/01 to 2015/03
- Software Developer Intern
- Working in the search team. Specifically, in the Knowledge Graph team. This is the team in charge of the knowledge base that Google uses to power its search results (e.g. Google 'beyonce').
- Worked in Seoul, South Korea.
Oracle Advanced Development Center - 2011/01 to 2013/06
- Software Developer.
- Working in the Database Scheduler Team. Working on DBMS features in C. Did also some Java and PL/SQL. We were a three-people team that inherited an unstable 500,000+ line codebase, and made it release-stable. Spent also some time working in new features.
- Worked in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- “Knowledge extraction through etymological networks: Synonym discovery in sino-korean words,” in Proceedings of the 5th International conference on Information and Knowledge Management (ICIKM 2016). Pablo E. and K.Jung. - Selected as Best Paper of the Information Technology track of ICIKM.